Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Wintery Heirloom and Family updates


Kim and I made a decision to stitch this pattern together and work on it for 3 hours a week. I haven't worked on it in a couple of weeks so yesterday I really didn't feel like going out and doing anything so...I stitched on AWH for over 8 hours!!! Yes, summer break is a wonderful thing!!! I hope to finish page 2 by the time I go back to school in August. I was moving right along since it was only sky but then I ran into another dreaded tree!!! Yep!! This page has another tree!!!!

I called Disney today to check to see if the dining plan was available for the time of our trip but unfortuantely since we are going as a cast members guest, the dining plan is not offered. However, our trip is so close and we are getting very excited.

I am getting anxious and very sad right now. My sister, niece, nephew and BIL are all moving to New Delih, India on Tuesday. I am not sure how my mom is going to make it without her grandchildren. It is going to be a very sad day. Another sad note, they are not expecting my grandmother to make it home after this last stroke. It has been discussed that she is not doing well at all and will need to go into a nursing home because she will need round the clock care. It is very hard to see my grandmother who used to be very strong and outgoing turn into this very frail elderly lady who is losing her memory.

4 comments:

Cupcake's Cross Stitch said...

Vickie, your HAED is looking great! It is really coming along! I am sorry to hear about your brother and family moving..what would take them to India? Also very sad to hear about your Grandma! Will keep her in my prayers!

Joke said...

Great HAED stitching, Vickie and I hope you and your family a lot of strength and hope!

Shari said...

your WH is looking wonderful girl!!!! Wow, 8 hours to stitch in one day!!! Can I have one hour!??!! Why am I so busy??? I babysit for teachers kids!! HA!!! Could it be one of them is working on her doctorate over the summer?!?!
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Tough times for you, I am sure.

Debra said...

the piece looks great. So sorry to hear about your grandma.