Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stitching update.


I finished the 2nd part of my patchwork design. I used the Blue Angel Glory floche threads. This is a very thin thread and it is very hard to separate. I am stitching it over one on 32 count fabric.

I started a new project tonight- The Daughters of Longbourne by Stitching Parlour. This is part of my Everything Austen Challenge. I need to have it finished by December 31st.

I also worked on a baby blanket today. My friend Kayla came over to help me get it stitched up. I am using one of those quilt panels that you can purchase by the yard. The quilt is for an ex-coworker who had her baby a couple of months ago. Mark came home one day and said J had her baby and we need to get a gift. I said ok..what did she have? He wasn't sure. You have got to be kidding....he wanted me to pick up a baby gift and he didn't know what she had!!! UGH!! MEN!!! So, I asked what did she name the baby....Barrett. Now that can be a girl or a boy..still no help. So I decided on a blue quilt background, it has puppies flying a green kite. There are green chenille blocks along with green and yellow ribbons for the kite tail. We finished everything but the satin binding. I started doing the binding on the machine..but it was too think and I didn't like how it looked, so I decided that I will have to hand stitch it. Once I finish the binding I will post a picture.

1 comment:

Cindy F. said...

Pretty progress on your patchwork piece!