Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Tree


I pulled out my AWH this past weekend and decided to start the dreaded tree. I knew the blue would be fast so I thought why not spend Fri-Sun working on the tree and leave the blue for last...that would go much quicker than this dreaded tree.

I got out of my rotation this summer so I am trying to get back into a stitching rotation. I am making one minor change though...I want to stitch a small project in between my larger ones. Right now I am on my Mill Hill kick and have several Halloween kits I want to stitch up. I just love halloween patterns!!

I did get some excitment today!!! I went into my local Grocery Store, Allens, and couldn't believe what I found!!! Just some background, I live in a retirement village just turned into a city. This grocery still carries out your groceries and puts them in your car. They keep the small dum dum suckers in their pouches to give to the kids. I found the Halloween issue of JCS!!!!! I was so excited!!!! I immediately called my friend Debbie and asked if she wanted one too!!!

I know I have some people who read my blog, I was wondering what you were currently reading? I am reading Peppermint Twisted by Sammi Carter. This is the 3rd book in her Candy shop mystery series. Would anyone be interested in doing a Book Challenge? There 18 weeks left in the year and maybe we could set a personal goal to read 10 books before the end of the year. Leave me a comment if you would be interested. I thought it sounds like fun...it could be any book you choose. Let me know what you are thinking!!

5 comments:

Carol's Stitching said...

Reading challenge sounds fun to me! I've been rereading the Monica Ferris series again. Email me if you're interested at mdfiregal@yahoo.com

Meari said...

Good luck in getting back into rotation, Vickie. Your WIP looks great.

Barbara said...

Vickie, I would be interested in the reading challenge. I read Sammi Carter, and Monica Ferris, Debbie Macomber, Laura Childs, Jennifer Chiaverini. I guess I'm your neighbor, up the road in Neosho, MO. Hope you can get back into your stitching rotation. You can email me at
stitchinggrannie@msn.com

Barbara/MO

Vicky L said...

I would love to be in the reading challenge. I already have 4 books lined up to read,lol. I still have books in my bookshelf I haven't read yet. Let me know the details.

Terri said...

This looks great Vickie. Cannot wait to see more