Thursday, November 26, 2009

NEW FLOOR!!

What a day!! I finally put my new floor in today. I put it in all by myself! I have to say I am pretty darn proud of myself. We had to have a new floor because my 14 year old cat decided to use the hallway carpet as her litter box. She would pee all over the carpet and she actually ruined 2 baseboards!!! We tried everything and finally gave up and put in a new floor.
As you can see the baseboard is gone and the wet spots is where she was going potty. When I bleached that area...it turned white and bubbled..EWWWW!!!!

Next step was priming the floor. This gave me such a headache. I have never used primer and I didn't realize how strong it was!!!
I knew my quilting tools would come in handy someday...I just didn't realize that it would be to cut tiles for my floor!! LOL!!. In case you are wondering, I used a box cutter not my quilt cutting tools!!!

And FINALLY...the new floor!!!!! I will be honest and say some of these tiles are cute and pasted but hey....it looks good!! This is just temporary until we put in hardwood floors.


5 comments:

Debra said...

Nice job. It looks great.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Well done - it looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

Well done you, no wonder you are proud you should be that is a great acheivement - it will be so much easier to clean rather than the carpet - naughty puss cat!! What does the cat think now lololol.

Annie Bee said...

Great tiling job. Looks great.

Meari said...

Looks great, Vickie!