Monday, January 4, 2010

Faery Tales, Cabin Fever, and Reading Contest

I pulled out my HAED Faery Tales on Saturday and started working on the clock portion of page 2. Since I have been on Christmas Break and now Snow Days I was able to finish the clock. You would think this would be a big accomplishment, however this is only page 2 of 49 so I still have tons more to stitch. I know I am not supposed to be getting track of how much I stitch but I am doing it on my HAED so I have finished 4% of this project. Tomorrow, I plan on working on my patchwork sampler.

I have to tell you...I have Cabin Fever. Since it snowed on Saturday I haven't left my house since then. I can't get down and/or up my hill!! It is just crazy. I really am craving a Sonic Coke or just any coke but Mark drank the last one. I am having caffine withdrawals. I did mix up a pitcher of sweet tea and I mean I like a little tea with my sugar type tea. My entire house is clean. I even cleaned out my laundry room, spare room etc. Tomorrow is another snow day which means I think I will clean out my bookcases and start putting my books in order so I can get ready to read!! I am actually bored. I can't go anywhere...my mom is in India so I can't talk with her (she is having a blast), my other friends are at work (they don't get snow days) and Kim has been out of town so I can't IM her. I am actually considering talking with Mark..HEE HEE.. Jag has sat at my sliding door meowing because we have several feathered friends and furry squrriels that love our birdfeeder.

The reading challenge...Yes audio books counts. I hope so because I LOVE to listen to a book while I stitch or while Mark watches a sporting event on TV. I can't list which one because he watches so many sporting events it isn't easy to pick one. This reading challenge is to be fun and to encourage people to read more. You are on the honor system and I just ask that you email me when you reach your goal. I will be posting my list of books read at the end of each month. I will also be posting reviews of books I have read so you may get some ideas there.

12 comments:

Betty said...

I understand the boredom, so very well, Vickie! Billy has pretty much forbidden me to take any more 4-day weekends in the future. I have agreed not to take another one until we can actually afford to do something special, or go SOMEWHERE! Hopefully, you'll be able to get out and about soon.

Annie Bee said...

Faery Tales is coming along nicely. I hope you can get out soon.

Carol's Stitching said...

The stitching is looking good! I love the pic of the cardinal! Hopefully you'll be able to get out and about soon. Good luck.... :)

Jo said...

We've a snow day with the kids as well so no stitching til they're in bed. I'll work on the book challenge instead, finished 1 already thanks to no school.So glad audio books count as I've a big stitching project coming and need a BIG book to help. Your Faery Tales stitching is looking great, keep at it.

Debra said...

your wip is looking good! Love the bird picture too.

Laura said...

All 4% of your Faery Tales looks splendid! Those percents do start to add up. Thanks for hosting the reading challenge. I think it is going to be fun.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Lovely work Vickie! Hope you get out soon - we are sort of expecting a snow day tomorrow - and the children only went back to school today!

Terri said...

Vickie it looks great. I can understand Cabin fever. We are sitting at 5 F and cloudy and snowy and it really is getting to much lol. Your Haed is really coming along nicely and the Cardinal is beautiful. That is my Grandmother's favorite bird.

Deb said...

Fairy Tales looks wonderful. I've got that one in my stash, but I'm just scared to try one of these HAEDs. Hope that you can get out of the house soon. It's been so cold here that I haven't wanted to go out either, so I definitely know about the Cabin Fever thing.

Tracey said...

It's coming along great- what patience you have to stitch such a large design!

Habibi said...

Faery Tales looks really nice.

Mzplcdokie said...

Your stitching looks wonderful and the progress is coming right along. Love the idea of the reading challenge! Hope the cabin fever goes away soon, but nice to have the cleaning and stitching time....lol.