Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mother's Wisdom Finish


This was an RR piece that we stitched in the Stitch it Quick group. It came home last spring but I just put it away until I felt like stitching on it. I was digging in my stash and needed to see what I could finish quickly. I found this and thought..why not. I am very thankful to everyone who help me stitch on this and I love how it turned out on the fabric.

I wish more of my groups would do RR. I am currently in one on my Ozark Samplers group...I always enjoy seeing what people pick for RR pieces.

On the home front, it has snowed and snowed here. I have about 8 inches of snow in my yard. It snowed all day yesterday and that hasn't happened in a long while. We didn't have school on Friday and I was able to stitch and stitch yesterday. I did decided to start with page 9 on my Faery Tales (I thought it was 10 but was mistaken) so I am stitching Cinderella and her Prince.


How many of you like to do Round robins? I am just curious. I have been very lucky and have not been burned by someone keeping the project and threads for themselves.

9 comments:

CJ said...

Vickie -

I love RR and I was hoping we coul get another started on this group. I am itching to participate in one. Please can we do it??

CJ

Annie Bee said...

Lovely RR. Wow 8 " of snow. Just think of the stitching time to be had.

Siobhán said...

What a gorgeous RR! I love these designs and never thought of putting them together like this. Great idea.

Personally, I don't care for RRs. I did two and was burned twice on them, and the last time was particularly bad. Friend kept the RR, lied about it, then said--a few years after it was due back to me--that she'd sent it on to another friend who wasn't involved in the RR at all. I figure I have enough stuff to stitch for myself that I don't need to open myself up to getting burned again. I hope you never experience that!

Debra said...

Congrats on your finish.
I don't like to do RR. I have had 2 come up missing. It was a long time ago. But still.

Sue said...

Your RR is so very nice! I've never done one. I did do a craft exchange about two years ago, and out of 10 people 6 got their things but never sent. :(
I think you have to go into it taking that chance.

Jo said...

Looks great, glad you enjoyed the RR. I've been burnt 2ce now with RR and never got my finished bits back, made me very wary now.

Barbara said...

Beautiful RR.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Oh I love that! I do like RRs, but I'm not joining any at the moment, as I don't want to commit time to anything - and I worry like mad about them if I feel I can't meet the deadlines! Also, I've been let down more times than I've got the robin back. I recently lost one because the lady I'd sent to died, which was very sad. Haven't done any more since that.

Nancy M said...

Your RR is nice! I have just finished my first year of doing a RR, I trust these people with my life and I would only do one with people I trust. It's no pressure and get done what you can during your 6-8 weeks. We have just started our 2nd one with the same people.