Monday, February 22, 2010

Yoga Stitching- Peace, Serenity--YEAH RIGHT!!



Doesn't this picture just exhibit peace, serenity, and calmness. This is what stitching is supposed to be. Now, I know you are thinking..how can I stitch and do Yoga at the same time??? You can't...this is my new cross stitch piece for my sister. Upon first glance, I thought..easy...the woman, the designs the trees..stitch it on some tea dyed fabric and it will be beautiful. It should be a quick stitch...right??? WRONG!!! My sister wanted it for her birthday so I thought..sure then I went to print it out,. I bought it off ETSY and it is HUGE pattern!! Basically, it is 252 x 252 which is 18 x 18!! Only 12 pages.....This is going to take forever....so I told her maybe by her birhtday in 2011!!! HEE HEE!!!
I am sad today. My RR was supposed to start and I mailed it to my partner. There are only 3 people so it was going to be quick. Well..the girl I sent to went to the DR and he told her no stitching for a while. Something is wrong with her hands. So she has to rest them...and I hope she gets to feeling better soon. So that means only 1 person will stitch on my RR!! It was going to be so cute....oh well...like I told the hurt stitcher...we can do it later. This is the first part of the RR...I also have summer, fall and winter!! Isn't this just the cutest????

8 comments:

Annie Bee said...

That is a gorgeous pics. That is too funny that it is so much bigger than you thought. Love the pic you chose for your RR.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

LOL! I guess next time you'll be checking size of project. That RR is gorgeous. I'm missing doing RRs, but get panicky about committing to things other than quick exchanges while I'm still doing exams etc.

Shari said...

oh my! That piece is relaxing looking, but to stitch it...ummmm...wow!!!! I can see it taking a while. Let me know if you need help with your RR piece. Maybe I can help you!

Debra said...

that is going to be a beautiful piece. You should of put a like in for the pattern. The RR you pick out is really cute.

Meari said...

That's a beautiful pattern, Vickie. Huge, though. You can do it! :)

Jo said...

I love the yoga pattern & can see why you thought it would be a quick stitch.

Kim said...

Hey Vickie - I just wanted to say again I just love your Yoga piece, and I cant wait to see it develop. :) You know I will be waiting to see the progress of it.

And as far as the RR... Im so excited to be stitching on it, first :)

Blu said...

It's a gorgeous pattern, but that's pretty big!