Monday, April 26, 2010

ConKerr Cancer - A Case for Smiles

I made a HUGE decision in my life last week and I am so glad I did. Let me explain...Earlier this year I was looking for a charity for the Disney Give a Day get a Day program and I found this link for the Conkerr Cancer group. I noticed Arkansas did not have a coordinator for the group so I went over to the project Linus charity. I kept checking back to see if there was a coordinator for Arkansas and well...there never was so I thought about it for a while and I took the plunge!!
I emailed Cindy, the founder, and she has let me be the Arkansas Coordinator. I called the Children's Hospital in Little Rock and they would love our Pillow Cases!! The hospital has 320 beds but some are for the babies and the nic-u so they need about 280 pillow cases for everyone with about 100 cases per month.
This is not just for cancer patients it is also for kids with other life threatening diseases.
I know this is a Giant undertaking but I think this is a great way to give back to others especially since my family has been blessed as to having all healthy children in it.
I am very excited about this and I can't wait to get started!!

3 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats!

Susan said...

Congratulations on taking the steps to get this going. The woman who started ConKerr Cancer lives fairly close to me so I've heard her speak a few times. Her story is inspiring. Best of luck to you in this endeavor!

Chiloe said...

This is very generous of you , very moving .