Saturday, June 19, 2010

2010 Book Challenge

It has been a while since I posted the books I have read and there is a LONG list. My goal is to ready 150 books this year and right now I have read 32 books. Which means I still have 118 books to read. I guess I had better get to reading!!

1. Arrowpoint by Suzannel Ellison, Book 7 in the Welcome to Tyler Series. Cute little Romance book.

2. Sunshine by Pat Warren, Book 6 in the Welcome to Tyler Series. Cute little Romance Book.

3. Three Weeks to Say Goodbye by CJ Box. This was a GREAT book!! I really wanted to reach out and slap a few characters. However the story is about a couple who adopted a baby and then the birth father comes back after nine months saying he wants his child back. They have to fight the system to keep their baby. It did make me cry a couple of times...but I do recomend!!

4. The Seduction of an Unknown Lady by Samatha James. Great Historical romance. I just love this genre!!! If you want to be transported to another time with lords, ladies, castles, shopping, balls and servants...this is a book you will enjoy!!!

5. Knit Fast, Die Young by Mary Kruger - wonderful Cozy Mystery about a knitting store owner. I will have to admit I had no idea who the killer was until it was revealed!!! This is the 2nd book in her series and I recommend it!!

6-8: I read the next three books in PC Cast and Kristen Cast- House of Night Series: Betrayed, Chosen, and Untamed. This is a great Vampire series that takes place in Tulsa.

9. Operation Yes - by Sara Lewis Holmes. Chapter book about 6th graders parents who live on a military base and go to a school on the base. Good story for young kids about all the antics they get into.

10. Thirteen reasons why by Jay Asher- VERY MOVING BOOK!!! A young girl commits sucide and leaves a message from the grave for each person who played a part in her sucide. I cried in this book!! It is a MUST READ and I am going to have my classes read it next year. It shows you how even the littlest factor can impact a persons life!!

11. Worth Any Price - Lisa Kleypas: This is book 3 in the Bow Street Runner Series. Wonderful Historical Romance book. I love being able to go to a Victorian Ball with the characters because it makes my mind run wild!!

12. Murder of Barbie and Ken by Denise Swanson. Love this Cozy Mystery series!!! This is book 5 of the Scumble River series. The characters are just wonderful and you can just picture everything in your mind. I didn't figure out the killer on this book either...I think I am losing my touch or the authors are getting better at throwing out the red herrings.

13. Shopaholic and Baby - Sophie Kinsella, Book 5 in the Shopaholic series. This character cracks me up!! I love how her mind works...and I would LOVE to be able to shop like she does!!! If you haven't read this series with the first one being Confessions of a Shopaholic- READ IT!! The movie doesn't do the book justice. The series takes place in London, not New York like the movie. The book is side splitting funny on the predictiments she gets herself into!!!

14. Prime Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan- This is the First book in the Charlotte McNally series. I enjoyed this book and once again...didn't figure out the ending. Charlotte is a reporter who has been around the block a few times and is having to search out "THE STORY" in order to keep her job. This book has murder, friendship and a little romance. I recommend it!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have surprised myself at being on target to make my goal of 100 books this year. I just added #50 to my list. Of course, some of these are audio books.

I also liked Three Weeks to Say Goodbye (and I enjoy the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box as well). However, I did think there was some unnecessary violence.

I'm also a Shopaholic fan and liked the first book by Mary Kruger (I figured out who committed the crime in that one before the end). I'll have to look for Prime Time. Sounds like an interesting series.