Saturday, July 3, 2010

June Reads


It is hard to believe that June is already over!! This means that I only have 6 more weeks of summer!!! I do love summer because I have more time to read. My book total is: 40. I now have 110 books to read. My June reads were:

1. The Debutante Divorcee by Plum Skyes- Fun read- a group of over-privilaged young ladies get married and then divorced within weeks of saying I DO except for Syliva, she loves her new husband Hunter. Hunter skips out on their honeymoon for work issues and she meets the Lauren, who LOVES being divorced. Fun Beach read and if you get it on Audio, the reader is exceptional!!!
2. Finger-Lickin 15 by Janet Evanovich: Love this series!!!! I found myself laughing so hard in this book that I was crying!! Lulu and Grandma decide to enter a cooking cost and it would be well and good, but they DON"T KNOW HOW TO GRILL!!!! Stephanie stays with Ranger for a few nights and he is just YUMMY!! I love these books on Audio, the reader does such a great job with the voices!!!
3. Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barb O'Neal- This was ok, not one of my favorites. I sometimes became lost in the story. She is offered the job of a lifetime, but this job brings back memories of a tragic accident of which she was the only one whose life was spared. She talks to ghosts and thinks they talk back. There is a romance in here too....just wasn't my type of book.
4. The Prince's Bride by Victoria Alexandar- Love time spent at a ball, riding in a carriage and wearing ball gowns!!
5. Smitten by Janet Evanovich: Single mom decides to work in construction and falls for the construction company owner. There happens to be a crazy aunt and a flasher!!
6. 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber- This is the first Cedar Cover book in the series. The book focus on several different peoples lives and how they intertwine with each other. The first starts out with Olivia who is a judge and she makes a very unorthadox ruling on a divorce case. This leads her to meet Jack, a reporter, and he makes her life complicated.
7. 204 Rosewood Lane by Debbie Macomber- Book 2 of the Cedar Cove series. : This book focuses more on Grace and her life. It seems that Grace husband has just up and left after 30 plus years of marriage. No note, no call, NOTHING!!! There is an unexpected pregnancy with Grace's daughter. A marriage takes place between a couple that no one expected. Unfortuantley one couple divorces over volunteer work and jealousy. Who would have thought a couple would divorce over volunteer work!!!
8. 311 Pelican court by Debbie Macomber - Book 3: Someone becomes very ill in this book!! A dead body winds up at the local Inn and no one has ANY idea on who it is...no id, false name! Jack and Olivia are having a slight difference of opinion on Olivia's ex-husband. This series is wonderful!!!

I would love to hear how your book challenge is going!

1 comment:

Jo said...

You're on track with your challenge, I'm up to 42 books and nearly finished the latest The Five Greatest Warriors. DS1 though is putting us both to shame (he's 5 and has to read them to me or his teacher for it to qualify) he's done 47. Told him he gets a present at the end of the year if he manages the challenge.