Monday, December 20, 2010

Need Opinion on Ornament

I have been stitching this ornament for my friend Karin and I am not sure how I like the backstitching of the words "Peace on Earth". The chart calls for DMC 3371 (dark brown) but I am not sure how it goes with the silver Krenick on the dark blue fabric. Here are a couple of pictures...there is a the whole ornament and then the close up of the words. As you can see I only stitched the "PE" of Peace on earth. I was thinking of switching it to DMC 415 (light grey)....what does everyone else think???

5 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Vickie, I'd go for the grey as the brown just looks a touch too 'heavy' for the fine font.
Lovely work though. Have a wonderful Christmas.
hugs
Miche'le

Debra said...

doesn't look too bad to me. It looks like the same backstitching on the dragon.

becki said...

Vickie

How about that grey, or to make it REALLY POP! a silver blending filament? I know, I know, but YOU asked for opinions and I'm just given ya mine!!

becki said...

Vickie

How about that grey, or to make it REALLY POP! a silver blending filament? I know, I know, but YOU asked for opinions and I'm just given ya mine!!

Heather said...

I like the dark brown, because it makes a very nice contrast against the dark fabric.