Thursday, February 24, 2011

Brithday Weekend

This past Sunday I turned the dreaded 39! I am not sure why everyone dreads this age but I enjoy my birthdays. Friday night, Mark and I went to Sho-guns Express for sushi. You know you have been going to a place for a while when the sushi guy comes out and asks if I am on a diet. It seems that I usually order 3 or 4 Premium rolls and this time I only ordered 1 and 2 regular rolls. I told him that I was on a diet and everything was wonderful!
Saturday morning I went for a hot stone massage and then ran a few errands. Mark planned a Birthday party for me on Saturday night. We had a huge cookout and ate a wonderful "Better than Sex" cake. It lived up to it's name. We played a game of Buzz- wonderful trivia game for the PS3. After everyone left, tragedy struck, you can read the post below. That kinda put a damper on my evening.
Sunday morning, Mark took me, my mom and brother to brunch at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs. This is the place we stayed for our wedding. The buffet was wonderful! I tried small bites of everything. I know chocolate covered oreos is not on my diet but they were good!!! My uncle and grandfather came up in the afternoon to visit and bring me my gifts. My uncle brought me a beautiful ruby heart necklace!! We had leftover birthday cake!! Exciting times!!!

1 comment:

Shari said...

it sounds like for the most part, you had a wonderful birthday.....Mark sure does spoil you!!!!