Sunday, March 20, 2011

Animal afghan is finished!!



I am happy to say that I finished my Animal Afghan! So both Baby afghans are finished and both babies have been born. Mark dropped off the Teddy Bear Afghan to baby Maggie yesterday. Since I still have this coughing, sniffling crud I decided it wasn't a good idea to go visit a new baby. The Animal afghan will be put in the mail this week. Along with a HUGE stack of things.
This illness has kicked my behind. I don't want to do anything!!! I go to work...come home and sit in my chair. I am so tired of coughing, it is getting ridiculous. I do have a funny story to share You never know what is going to be said in my classroom and you do have to stay on your toes...
Student "Mrs. H, does your butt still hurt?"
Me...thinking really hard where this is going then "No, it doesn't...but thanks for asking"
He knew that I had gone and gotten a steriod shot for my illness....so he was wondering if the place I got my shot was still sore!!! Never know what is going to be said....but he was worried that I might be in pain and/or miss more classes. He worries if I am not there.

12 comments:

Betty said...

Congratulations on finishing the 2nd afghan, Vickie! I'm so sorry you are too sick to deliver the first one, but agree that it's probably better to keep away for now.

Too sweet that your student is concerned about the healing of your backside.

Berly said...

Yeah, afghan finishes are extra special!!! Hmm, are you sure you didn't mishear him and he asked about you being a pain in his butt?? :)

Virpi said...

Awsome! Congratulations! Your ballerina is also progressing really nice in your previous post.

Shari said...

adorable finish Vickie! Congrats!!!!! Hey, Duane is fighting the same mess you have....he has a doctor appt. on Wed.......

Heather said...

Congratulations. It looks absolutely wonderful.

Carol's Stitching said...

The baby afghan is lovely and I'm sure the receipent will love it as well.

Kids say the darndest things. That was too cute.

Meari said...

Congrats on finishing the afghan. It's adorable!

Blu said...

Congrats! It's such a cute finish.

sharine said...

Beautiful finish!
Cheers,Sharine

Anonymous said...

The afghan is sooo cute. I know you are proud of it.

Robin in Ga

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Such a lovely afghan - wow you stitch fast!

Unknown said...

What beautiful pieces they will be enjoyed for generations to come.