Sunday, March 27, 2011

ballerina and family update

Family update: We got a phone call on Thursday from Marks sister to call her immediately. This is strange since we haven't talked to her in 2 years. They just don't return phone calls, emails etc. So we called her and got no answer (typical). Mark then called his dad and his dad told us some shocking news. It seems last week, he wasn't feeling well on his way home from work, so he pulled into the local fire station. He then proceeded to have a heart attack and the fireman rushed him to the hospital where he had surgery and they put stints in his heart. We find out after he is HOME from the hospital. He didn't want to worry or bother us about him being sick. Mark then asks me what we should do....I tell him to go to Orlando and see his dad. The dogs and I will miss him...but he needs to go. The next thing I know, Mark has booked us both on a flight to see his dad and we are counting this as our anniversary trip since we are flying to Orlando and staying on Disney property. Marks dad got us 60% off our room...so it was cheaper than staying in a regular hotel. We leave on Friday and will be on Monday. WE have hired our normal house sitter/dog sitter for the weekend.

Stitching update....I have been focused on ballerina and as you can see I have made a bit of progress. I do have to frog a section but I figured out where and now just have to frog it...I think I am going to wait to frog until I get more stitched. It is turning out nice....I think I will take her on the plane with me. I need something to work on during out flight.

4 comments:

Berly said...

Vickie,

I hope you get there and Mark's dad is fine. Let's hope this just turns out to be not much more than an early anniversary trip!

Meari said...

Glad your FIL is doing better. Stints are pretty common; my Dad had them put in twice. I'm sure it was annoying to find out afterwards, though.

Ballerina lookin' good.

Carol's Stitching said...

Wow. I'm glad to hear your FIL is doing okay; will keep you family in my thoughts. Your ballerina piece is really coming along and hopefully you can make some more great progress.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Mark's Dad, I hope he is recovering well and will keep that way. It must have been such a shock, it will be lovely for you all to see each other. Stitching is beautiful.