Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Out Do yourself Challenge

The Book Vixen is hosting an out do yourself challenge.  This challenge allows me to count my audio books so I will be writing their reviews here.  My goal is to read 116 books this year. So far I have read and reviewed in other challenge posts:

Young Adults:
1. Witch Ball
2. Sword Play
3. Pretty little Liars
4. Entwined
5. Fatal Charm

Victorian:
6. The Face of a Stranger

Regency/Victorian
7. Winning the Wallflowers

Romance:
8. Cupcake

Cozy Mystery:
9. Diva Haunts a house

Audio Books:

Famous Child Psychologist Alex Delaware takes his lovely wife  out for drinks at their favorite hotel which is closing.  They see a mysterious young lady sitting in a booth playing a part that is very similar to Audrey Hepburn.  Lt. Milo Sturgis stops by the next morning with some police photos for Dr. Delaware to look at because a young lady has had her face blown off and he is hoping to gain some insight in the case.  Dr. Delaware is very shocked when he recognizes the outfit the girl is wearing is the same as they young Audrey Hepburn!!!

I love listening to John Rubinstein reading the parts/books of Alex Delaware.  I am sad to say this is the only way I will read a kellerman book!!!  I just love his voice!  Awesome book...lots of twists and turns!  I didn't realize who the killer was until the end.


Straight from Amazon:
After Ann Nolan, a California beat cop, adopts the daughter of a notorious drug dealer, the ruthless father vows to take back his only child. In response, Ann flees across the country, changes her name, and starts a new life as an investigator for the Mercy Street Foundation, the billionaire-endowed organization dedicated to finding missing persons. As Emme Caldwell, she takes the lead on the Foundation's first case: Nineteen-year-old Belinda Hudson disappeared from her sorority house leaving behind only one cryptic clue. Retracing the vanished student's steps leads Emme to Heaven's Gate, a fertility clinic, and the mysterious Donor 1735.

This book had me captivated from the very beginning!!  I had NO IDEA how it was going to turn out!  The killer SHOCKED ME!!!!!  it was very good!!  I highly recommend!!!


Straight from Amazon:

While home on Christmas break, a seventeen-year-old Senate page takes her dog out for a walk and never returns. The resulting media firestorm quickly ensnares television reporter Cassidy Shaw, Federal Prosecutor Allison Pierce and FBI Special Agent Nicole Hedges. Together, these life-long friends call themselves The Triple Threat--a nickname derived from their favorite dessert and their uncanny ability to crack cases from three unique positions of power.
Together they must find the one face of betrayal amidst a crowd of growing suspects--including a U.S. Senator--before they become the next victims.

This book made me cry!  I just felt so sorry for the victim! I didn't figure this one out either!  This book had so many twists and turns that the ending left my mouth open!!!!

No comments: