Sunday, February 5, 2012

Buried in a Book by Lucy Arlingon

If you know me then you know how I love my contests right?  Well, Lucy Arlington was hosting a contest to win a ARC (Advanced Readers Copy) of her new book that comes out on Tuesday.   
I finished this book tonight and I LOVED IT!!!!


Blurb on the back:  
After receiving her first pink slip at the age of forty-five, former newspaper journalist Lila Wilkins is desperate for work, even if it means taking a pay cut. After combing through the classifieds, Lila accepts an internship at A Novel Idea, a thriving literary agency in the utopian town of Inspiration Valley, North Carolina.


Lila can't imagine anything better than being paid to read, but with a crew of quirky coworkers and a sky-high stack of query letters, she doesn't exactly have time to discover the next great bestseller-especially when a penniless aspiring author drops dead in the agency's waiting room.


No one else seems too concerned about the man's demise, but when Lila uncovers a series of threatening letters, she's determined to uncover who killed the man's dreams of literary stardom.....


My thoughts:
I want Lila's job!!!!  She gets paid to read and recommend future books to literary agents!! Wouldn't that be just awesome???  I know there is a dead body in her office but I could deal with that, I think.  She has been struggling with her son Trey and his I am now out of high school so I don't have to listen to you attitude.  Her goal is to get him to college in the fall without killing him!
Her mother, the Amazing Althea, is a wonderful buffer between mother and son.  She is a believer of the universe, read the cards and is truly amazing!!!  



The book is truly worth a read and as I was reading I could just picture the entire scenes in my head.  To me that is a wonderful book!  If when I am reading the author can make me lose myself in the story and to forget where I am.  I actually want to visit this little town, the community on the hill and the secret garden!!!!


I give it 5 stars!!!

1 comment:

cucki said...

sound like a lovely book and cover is so cute too..
love xx