Friday, February 10, 2012

My Hermit weekend, and new adventure


Next weekend is the official Hermit stitching weekend, however, that is my birthday weekend!!!  Plus, Mark is in Vegas this weekend so I have the whole house and all the TV's to myself!!!!  Talk about exciting!!  So this is my spring seasonal nine patch that I am working on this weekend.  I hope to make a lot of progress this weekend.  It is COLD here and we are expecting sleet, ice and snow Sunday night.  

Last night, I went to meet with a dietitian about my weight. I have been dieting and working out for over 2 months and only lost 2 pounds!!!!  sigh.....so I go in and meet with this really nice lady.  She has me stand on this machine that measure almost everything about me...weight, bmi, water.  Then I got this nice printout that said that I am 31 lbs. overweight!!!!  You know, there is just something about seeing it on paper that makes it really real. It just hits home and you go "Wow, I am fat!"  So my assignment this week is write down EVERYTHING I eat!  What time and how much.  You really notice what you eat when you have to report it back to someone else.  
I went to JC Penny and bought this new scale. I just didn't trust the old one.  One thing I do have to do is not to step on the scale but once a week....
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

8 comments:

Phynix said...

Hi, I am new to your site, and I think this is my VERY first comment to you here. I love what you got to stitch for this week! I think it is adorable.

Don't let the scale scare you, and don't let it control you! Still be you! Just a thinner you! You can do it! After all your only 31 lbs over what is super healthy for your body type. That is not that bad at all.

You will do just fine.

GOOD LUCK! And we are cheering for you as we cheer for me!

*waves*

cucki said...

aww cute stitching project..looking so sweet..
sending you hugs xxx

blue star stitcher said...

I love the "springy-ness" of your seasonal 9 patch, very cute! Good luck with the food journal, its hard keeping track sometimes.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching :D Good luck with your weight loss

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, good luck with the weight loss, Vickie. I have a horrible time with mine too. And your nine patch is looking cute. Keep up the good work!!

Anne said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you loose 31 lbs, you would be under 100lbs. Where in the world is that a healthy weight unless you are 4'8 or a child??!? I weigh five lbs more than that and 5'4 and I'm not overweight. My motto is if the pants get tight, do more stairs eat less french fries!! If you are working out, remember muscle mass weighs more than fat and that it's about how you feel in your clothes that matter, not what the scale says!

Ewa said...

Good luck with your weight loss! I started my weight loss journey about two years ago and ended up +15 pounds, huh? So I finally caved and signed up for this website called myfitnesspal.com that not only tracks what you eat everyday but counts out the calories which makes it REALLY real. The website is free and they also have a free smartphone app that you can take on the go with you. The smartphone app includes a barcode scanner which is really convenient. I hope that all helps and good luck! Ever since I signed up I've lost 3 pounds (a week and a half ago!)

Meari said...

I need a scale like that! Good luck on the weight loss.