Monday, April 23, 2012

Mystic Stitch and Mary Poppins

Life has been NUTS!!!  It was another State Test week at our school.  This week it was the End of Course Geometry test.  Of course, I was one of the lucky teachers to give the test.  I don't mind the testing part, except that it is so boring.  I have to stand in one room for 3-4 hours with no talking, computers, books or anything to pass the time.  I just walk around and make sure the kids are all on track.

This week I started offering homebound services to a student at the local library.  I have to tutor this student for 4 hours each week.  Homebound is for students who are extremely ill, or behavior so bad they can't come to school so a teacher has to meet with them.  The pay is good and I like spending time at the library. However, I miss my stitching time!!! HEE HEE!!!

Stitching:
This week my rotation consisted of my next RR project and my mystic stitch.  I didn't really get much stitched on my RR project.  I was just too tired!!!  My Mystic stitch was a lot of confetti stitching.  I was able to put in 660 stitches this week.


After working on my Mystic Stitch, I was able to finish the rotation of all my projects!!!  So I going to work on my RR project for the next 4 days and then start again on my rotation.

My birthday present finally arrived, and after sitting in the box for a 2 weeks, Mark finally put it together!!!  I LOVE my sewing table!!!  It is just so awesome!!!


My mom and I went to see Mary Poppins this weekend.  I just LOVED it!!!  If you get a chance to see it, go! It is just amazing!

Classroom Funny for the Day:
A student was laying her head down on her desk.  I called her name and asked, "What are you doing?"  I thought she was asleep....
Student replied, "I am just getting a closer look at my homework!"

Had to give her that one!!!


12 comments:

Berly said...

That sewing table is awesome! Great progress on the Mystic Stitch. Looks like you had a grand time with your mom!

Anonymous said...

Your Mystic Stitch WIP is looking great!!!!! Love the new sewing table.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Vicky L said...

Your new sewing table looks fantastic! You made great progress in your Mystic this week.
Glad you had a great time seeing Mary Poppins with your Mom. It is such an awesome musical. I even have a Mary Poppins sachet coin purse, lol.

Anonymous said...

Your Mystic Stitch project is lovely. Congrats on the new sewing table. Looks great! What a great way to spend time with your Mom! :)

Meari said...

LOL about getting a closer look @ her homework! Your Mystic Stitch project looks good. 660 stitches ain't bad ;-) Congrats on the new sewing table! Glad you liked the play.

Linda said...

Great progress Vickie. I love the sewing table.

Linda

Shelleen said...

Great progress on the Mystic Stitch. Love the sewing table.

Denise said...

You are right that sewing table is awesome! I have one just like it and I have enjoyed everyday I work in my sewing room.
Happy stitching
Denise

Patty said...

I'd rather give the test then take it - lol

Your sewing table is awesome! Hope you enjoy it every day!!

Great update on your stitching and getting to your rotation. I haven't done a lick since finishing Dragon Luck and I was supposed to spend this month working on my son's project (sigh)

Glad you enjoyed Mary Poppins.

Ewa said...

You've got some awesome progress in there! Great job!

Kathy Bradford said...

I love your sewing table I am looking at getting one but I so want one to match the rest of my craft furniture so that means I have to show one of the Amish furniture makers just what all I want Sincerely Kathy b in Ohio

mdgtjulie said...

LOL at your student. Quick on her feet!! Glad you enjoyed Mary. I love the story. And the songs are fab!! Your stitching looks great too! Keep up the good work. I've been through my rotation once, and am starting on twice. I worked for over an hour on Monday, then had to pull it all out cause of a mistake at the very beginning. Grrrrr.... Hope the frogs leave you alone!!