Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wednesday of Cross Stitch Retreat

I woke up Wednesday morning very refreshed and rested.  After a long hot shower, I got dressed and went to downstairs to the free breakfast.  It was YUMMY!!!  I knew that Karin wouldn't be arriving until later so, I decided to go do some sightseeing on my own.  I checked out of my hotel and went to see Seven Falls.  It was BEAUTIFUL!!  As you can see it right behind me.  


In order to get to Seven falls I had to climb these stairs and then another set on the side of the resting point.  There were 244 stairs today.  Just so you know I am SCARED of heights!!  I stared up and got about 1/4 of the way, had a small panic attack and went right back down.  Tried to climb again...got about 1/2 way up and had another small panic attack and went right back down.  I then proceeded to call Mark.  He told me to suck it up and climb the stairs..so I did partway.  I was able to climb 134 stairs to the first stop and then was shaking so much I had to wait for another family going down to join them!!!


 This picture was taken after I took the elevator  up the mountain, which was scary because I am a chicken.  I don't mind elevators in buildings because there are floors but I hate elevators in mountains!  I had to ride with a family going up.  Beautiful sight to see though...

After leaving Seven Falls, I proceeded to drive through Garden of the Gods.  The scenes were so pretty.  This is Balancing Rock.  I wonder where they go this name???


After my sight seeing, I checked into our Hotel Room.  We stayed at the Crown Plaza Resort.  The room was VERY nice!  We had a suite loft.  This is the living room with a sleeper sofa.  We had the hotel bring in a 6x6 table chairs so we could stitch.


 This is the microwave, Krueg coffee machine, and small Fridge. Behind that is the small bath with shower, sink and potty.

Large TV and stand.


Stairs to our bedroom. They were very solid stairs and didn't wobble when you climb them!!!  AWESOME!


Very Very comfy Kingsize bed


The bathroom had 2 doors ...one for the potty and bath, and the other to close off the double sinks so you could get ready while someone slept in a little longer (which was usually me!!!


Karin made it in and we decided to go to lunch and then tour the Historic downtown Colorado springs.  They had lots of little shops to play in.....we went back to the hotel to stitch, watch TV and catch up.

4 comments:

Meari said...

You definitely deserve credit for climbing those stairs!! I'm afraid of heights, too, and there was no way I was climbing them.

Linda said...

What a great room! I envy all you who stitch so well and get together for such fun! Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! that is a nice room.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Anonymous said...

There is NO WAY that I would climb those stairs either. I would have taken the elevator. What beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)