Monday, December 31, 2012

Fantasia Update and Great Mail Day

It is so hard to believe that we will be saying goodbye to 2012 in less than 18 minutes.  It is has been a very hard year for me but I was able to survive it.  There were great time too!!  Mark and I visited Rome which was amazing.  I was able to finish several UFO's, attend my ILCS Stitch retreat, and make new friends along the way.  I want to thank my online friends for just being there!  I really appreciate you.

This week I focused on my Disney Fantasia piece.  I was able to finish 1 page!!!!  So happy here!!!!  Right now, I am getting ready to start my Sistine Chapel. I had to put all the extra fabric in a pillow case!!!  Too fun...now all I need to do is put the thread for the section I will be working in it's own thread box....I placed all the threads in a jammer box and I think that is just too much to handle...


Look what came in the mail today!!!!  It is my Castle Magazine and my new HAED - Last Judgement.  I did take advantage of the sale going on at DownSunshinelane!  She has in stock Mill Hill kits 35% off!!! I needed 3 more to finish out my Village series so I decided to order them on Dec. 31...I am not stash shopping next year until my retreat unless it is a magazine.  Go bye and check out her sale! It is a good one!!!  BTW....I am keeping my thirty-one party open until Friday.  I have a PDF copy of the Spring
Catalog if you would like to see it.  I need $89 more in sales before  I can earn double Hostess points...


Happy 2013 Everyone!!!!!  May your days be filled with Reading and Stitching!!!!

11 comments:

Vicky L said...

Fantasia looks great! I love the Castle too. I am not buying any more stash until Las Vegas too. Happy N`Year!

Berly said...

Awesome!! Happy 2013!

Meari said...

Fantasia looks good, Vickie. I'm going on a stash diet, too. Seems like a theme for 2013, lol.

Anonymous said...

You have a great start on Fantasia. Have a Happy New Year!!!
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Tricia T said...

Good luck with your new start! I think it should provide for many hours (or years!) of stitching pleasure!

Tricia

OctoberLace said...

Vickie, you certainly did get some goodies in the mail. I visited Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany when we were there in 1991, and it was so beautiful! Enjoy all your projects in 2013.

Linda said...

Great progress on Fantasia Vickie. Can you tell me where you got the magazine for the castle. I love it.

Happy New Year
Linda

Faith... said...

WOW - I love the Fantasia piece!

Sounds like you had a wonderful 2012 and I hope you have a wonderful 2013 with lots of time for stitching ;)

Shelley said...

OMG!!! Where can I get that magazine??? Neuschwanstein is our fav castle...we just got tattoos of it. I must get a copy of this magazine!!!

s.tompkins76@yahoo.com

Love your Fantasia stitching...what is the final design to look like?

Shari said...

the fantasia piece is looking wonderful! Love it!

SoCal Debbie said...

Fantasia looks great! Keep up the wonderful stitching!