Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sistine Chapel is started!!!!

So EXCITED!!!!  I put in the first 1040 stitches of Sistine Chapel.   I didn't realize that most of the stitches are blended stitches.  It makes the piece even more challenging!  This is 0.2% of the project.   I know I am supposed to move onto my Disney Ornaments next, but I waited so long to start this...I am just going to stitch on it for a while.  Will move to the Ornaments when the kids come back to my classroom on the 7th.  I may have a page or possible 2 pages finished by then!!!!!   I do love the colors!!!!

16 comments:

Shari said...

your start looks fabulous....I can see why you want to keep working on it!

Unknown said...

Great start Vickie I agree the colours are lovely x

CalamityJr said...

What a great start! I'm in awe of your determination and, shall I say, courage? I know I'll be thrilled watching your progress on this huge piece of art.

Berly said...

Great start!

lynda said...

This is going to be a magnificent piece...can't wait to follow your progress.

Anonymous said...

You have a great start on Sistine Chapel. I am really looking forward to seeing this one stitched up.
Have a Happy New Year!!!!!
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Laura said...

Did you start in the corner? I tried to start yesterday and had a hard time trying to find the middle of where to start. I should put in my first stitches tonight.

Faith... said...

You are off to a great start Vickie, hope you get lots done before school starts again!

Christina G said...

It's going to be AWESOME!! I will enjoy seeing it progress to completion! Good luck and hope you don't have to do too much frogging.

Keebles said...

Gosh! I remember blended colors from my Teresa Wentzler project! They drove me nuts! Good Luck on this monster!

Linda said...

Oh wow Vickie. Great new start. I love the colors. Good luck.

Linda

Vicky L said...

Great start! Love the colors too!

OctoberLace said...

Congrats, Vickie. That's the Lopanowski-Roberts version, right?

Kim said...

Awesome start! Keep up the motivation!!

SoCal Debbie said...

It looks beautiful, Vickie! Great stitching!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Awesome Start.