Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vacation!!!

Mark and I left for vacation on last Saturday for our drive up north.  We went to Minneapolis, MN, Sheboygan, WI, and the to Chicago, IL.    It was a 10 hour drive to MN and the first 3 hours were spent in huge rainstorm.  It was terrible....we spent the night in Iowa and made it to Minneapolis Sunday morning.  We couldn't check into the hotel until 3:00 pm so we went to the Mall of America.  OMG!  It was so much fun!!  In this mall, we rode a roller-coaster, played Putt Putt, went to the aquarium, had lunch and walked through the mall.  It was awesome!!!  I did visit a stitching store on Sunday and stitched several ornaments over the week...that will be in the next post.

This roller coaster spun in circles as we went along the tracks.

 What they can do with Legos is just amazing!!!!!

So much fun!!!!

Above the sting ray tanks....

Playing putt putt.....



Sunday evening on the way to dinner..


Monday morning, I went back to the mall and made it through one and half floors.  I did walk in this store and found a fantastic pair of shoes that were 40% off....flipped the shoe over it was originially $385....I put the shoe down and backed slowly out of the store.    Every day of our vacation, Mark played golf in the mornings, while I did some exploring.  We would get back to together in the afternoons to spend the rest of the day together.  

Monday afternoon we went to the zoo.  
 Snow Monkeys were very rambunctious.  I just loved watching the two little babies.  I was able to get a picture of one.

 Bears were playing in the water...

This bear is king of the mountain!

Tuesday, I went back to the Mall of America to finish.  Tuesday afternoon we went to find the Mary Tyler Moore statue downtown. Tuesday night, it was off to the Twins Game!

                                            


Wednesday, we left for Sheboygan, WI.  Mark decided to check out how cold the water was in Lake Michigan.  It was cold!   Thursday, I met up with my friend Kim Ritchie.  We went to Joanns, Hobby Lobby, local Quilt store and a Victorian Candy store.  It was so great to see her!  I haven't seen her in a couple of years!!!  Thanks for diving up to meet with me!!!


Thursday - Saturday was spent in Chicago visiting with Marks sisters and her family.  It was so much fun!  My sister-in-law took my niece and I to the Art Institute to see the miniatures.  Now I want to make a dollhouse!  So disappointed, that we are not closer to Chicago because there is a Fashion Exhibit that starts on June 26th and runs until September 22!  I would LOVE to see it!!!!   Trying to convince Mark that we need to go back before the exhibit is over.....


Decided to drive all the way home in shot, we were greeted at the door with lots of wiggly butts and wagging tongues. 




10 comments:

cucki said...

so much fun x

Shari said...

sounds like a wonderful vacation Vickie!!! I would love to visit the Mall of America someday....
hey, if you convince Mark to go back up to Chicago, let me know! We can meet about half way between the two at House Of Stitches!!!!!

Berly said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation! I wish we could have gotten together while you were here, but maybe next time!

Melody said...

It sounds like you had a great trip!

Kim said...

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to meet up with me! It was alot of fun!! Now get those Disney characters stitched so I can get going on that table runner.. LOL KIDDING I did put the batting away and on the bag it says... "Vickie's Tablerunner batting". So that will be my reminder to ask you how its going. :)

Faith... said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am with Kim - next time you come to Chicago we will have to meet up for lunch or something.

Linda said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great time.

Linda

Vicky L said...

So glad you had a great time! I would love to go to Mall of America someday

SoCal Debbie said...

What a wonderful trip! I have always wanted to go to the Mall of America. Now I know that I'll need at least 3 days to see it all. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds & looks like you had a great time on your vacation!!! Thanks for sharing.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)