Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sistine Chapel and Disney Finish

 
 
I finally finished page 2 of scene 16 on Sistine Chapel.  I didn't think I would ever finish this page because I made a mistake!  See the border where it curves?  I was off by 2 rows and had to frog from the curve down on the border.  I decided to take a break and stitch me some Disney!!!

 
I stitched Marie from the Aristocats.  This is one of my favorite movies!  She just looks so cute.  I think I am going to stitch some more ornaments and take a break from Sistine Chapel. 
 
 
If you noticed I haven't been posting positive thoughts in a while because negativity has taken over my life again.  It happens.   I was in a meeting last week and was basically told that if I wanted to be a good teacher I would have to change my entire personality and that since I wasn't a mother I wouldn't understand kids really.   I was proud of myself, because I realized that this was a meeting that it wouldn't do any good to say anything because the people talking wouldn't listen.  I kept my mouth closed, which was very hard because I really wanted to say something.  It was just one of those times that you should just stay quiet and let other people make fools of themselves...so I did.   Needless to say, I did leave the meeting feeling horrible about myself.
 
My sewing machine has been sent back to the Brother dealer.  They think I may get it back in a couple of months and  I can expect to pay around $300 to have it fixed!!!! UGH!!  It better come back in brand new condition!
 
Off to finish watching Olympic skiing! 
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

Keebles said...

It must be the season because I'm in the same slump. And don't fret about those jerks at work. You don't need to be a mother to understand children (I've seen plenty of mothers-including my own-who are horrible at understanding children). You took the higher ground and that makes you the better person! You are a wonderful teacher and a wonderful pup-mom!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Vickie. Love the Disney ornament.

Linda

Heather said...

Well, that was a very terrible thing to say to you. I hope you haven't let it get to you too much, because it isn't true. I know some people who aren't parents who are absolutely fabulous with children, including our neighbour who works with autistic kids. She is amazing, and I know you are too.

Anonymous said...

I wanted the let you know that you have been an inspiration for me for awhile. I first came into contact with mystic stitch. I didn't comment all that much, but your words were exactly what I needed. I have started more difficult cross stitch projects because you make it look so easy. I just recently purchased Historical Fashions by Pako and am starting it. You made it seem so easy. I know I can do it, I've seen it done. People never know to whom they have touched. I check your blog every so often. I noticed the depression. I just want to say that you have been and inspiration to me. Thank you.

Barb Lowder

too_busy_to_stitch said...

As always - love the Disney finish (also Sistine, but Disney is magic :)). What rubbish. All generalisations are dodgy, but what they said to you? In many years if various teachers, whether they are a mother doesn't make much difference. We've seen mothers who are so wrapped up in their own families, they don't have the time for their students.