Sunday, February 15, 2015

Faery Tales and Life update


Hi all!  I am sitting here tonight watching the 40th anniversary episode of Saturday Night Live.  It is hard to believe that this show has been on for this long.  I am just amazed at the stars that have appeared, acted and got their start on this show.  

We have freezing rain falling right now and expected to get about 4 inches of snow tomorrow.  For our area, this a major snowstorm.  I think I might even get a snow day tomorrow.  I am so excited!!!

I was playing on Pinterest one day and I saw this really interesting pin about 5 year journaling.  I went over to Get it Scrapped Blog  where she went into detail.  A five year journal is, just as it sounds, a journal you keep for five years. You write just one line every day, one minute of  your time – that’s all it takes. The fun part is that you record your one daily line in the same spot for five years, so where you chose to write your January 1, 2012 line is the same place you write your January 1, 2016 line.  This means that each year you get to see what you wrote the previous year(s).  

I thought it sounded like a great idea, so I went to Walmart and bought me a really cute little Journal and started back in January.  I actually started this Feb. 2 so I just had to back track for a month.

Stitching Update:
I am still working on Faery Tales and another Princess has appeared.  As you can see, Rapunzel has made her appearance.  I also finished another page...which means I have 32 pages to go.



 Two of the three princesses!

I ordered a candle from a friend of mine who was having a fund raiser for her son.  I decided on Cinnamon because it just smells yummy.   I waited and waited for it to burn down so I could get my piece of jewelry that was in that candle....


Look at my pretty ring!!!  In case you are wondering how this works:  You pick your scent and see what options you have:  Earrings, rings, or necklace.  If you want to order one...here is where I ordered it:  Candle Web Site


DH asked me what I wanted to Valentines day and I said just a bag of chocolate candy.  I woke up on Valentines day and he had cleaned my kitchen,  bought me the beautiful bouquet and 2 bags of chocolates.  I am so spoiled!  




9 comments:

Claudette497 said...

What a great Valentines! Your princesses are looking good!

Unknown said...

Your Faery Tales is coming along beautifully! And what a wonderful surprise for Valentine's Day!

Annie said...

Wonderful stitching! It's so exciting watching the Princesses appear.

Linda said...

Congrats on the page finish Vickie. I love this design and have seen it a few times. What a wonderful husband you have. I can't complain, mine had to work 13 hours that day.

Linda

Keebles said...

Hope you managed to actually get snow...we ended up with inches of ice! Totally sucks!

Great work on Faery Tales though!

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

Beautiful stitching. What a sweet thoughtful husband. I love your ring I'm going to check out her site. Hope you get snow if not you can have some of ours we ate well over three feet and more is coming our high today is 7F.

Anonymous said...

FT looks good. How many more pages?

I bet it was fun burning the candle and waiting for the prize.

How sweet of DH to clean the kitchen for you. Pretty flowers, too.

Meari said...

Cripes... Why did I click "Anonymous"?!

Good thing I came back to do a P.S. eh?

P.S. Enjoy that snow. I'm just glad it's not snowing here.

Faith... said...

Faery Tales looks wonderful! My daughter bought us each a five year journal from Amazon. I have started writing in mine and find it is easy to do since it is just one line every day. Beautiful flowers!!