Sunday, February 8, 2015

Faery Tales update

Have you ever had one of those weeks when it seemed like it would never be over?   This was a rough week for me.  My para in my classroom (my right hand who keeps me organized and on task) mother had a stroke the previous weekend and she was out with her mom Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  Which she did get a sub but that sub was no help. It was like having another student in the room. Then, this new teacher who I have been helping got extremely sick and had to go home in the middle of the day plus be out for 2 other days....which meant I had to prep lessons for her classes.  I had some backups for my days when I get sick so I just used those.  Not to mention that I was trying to get ready for my classroom observation which is tomorrow....on Monday....good times.
We also had to stay and help register all the incoming 9th graders for next year which meant 2 nights of staying until 7 pm.  Needless to say I was a little stressed this week!

I went to the library on Saturday and straight home!  I am happy to say that I didn't leave my house for the rest of the weekend.  I was so tired!!

Stitching update: This is Faery tales last weekend when I moved the q-snaps.  As you can see, I finished Beasts castle, and started the top of Rapunzel's tower.  


This was this weeks progress....Snow White has made an appearance and Rapunzel's tower has a little more detail.  My goal this week is to finish this page.  


Reading update:
I did finish 4 books this week and I will be writing a review on 3 of them at a later date.  However, there is one that I am appalled to say I read it....it was horrible.  The ending made me want to Vomit!!!!    I will tell you the name but please DO NOT read this....you will vomit!!!
The book was called "How to bake a tart"  The blurb made it sound like it was a misunderstood chef with a crazy family.  I enjoyed it until the last chapter...then it made me vomit!  I can't say this enough.  

Next weekend is Valentines Weekend.  DH asked me if I wanted to do something special and I told him no.  The restaurants would be crowded so I think I am going to find a special recipe that makes him go WOW!!!!!   So any suggestions????   I did tell him we should have a small bottle of Champagne just for grins and giggles.  We are not drinkers...I think the last time I had a drink was during the summer on one of my vacations.  

11 comments:

Margie said...

Molten chocolate cakes are a favorite dessert of ours and are not nearly as hard as they seem. You do need ramekins or some other small bakeable dish. The Martha Stewart recipe is very dark and not overly sweet. The one from Paula Deen is sweeter. Both go great with a glass of red wine.

Angela said...

Lovely progress on your stitched piece. You have me so curious about that book now ;) I just have to look it up! LOL

Katy said...

Beautiful stitching!

Unknown said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Love the Fairy Tales!

Linda said...

Your making wonderful progress on Faery Tales Vickie.
What is that thing in the sky to the left of the castle?

Linda

Katie said...

Sorry you had a bad week. Hope it's all better this week. Your progress is fantastic!! Good luck meeting your goal.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Beautiful stitching Vickie. We often celebrate V-Day at home with a romantic dinner and movie.

Faith... said...

So happy to see Snow White showed up!

Sorry you had a bad week at school, hopefully your Para's mom is getting better and she can return to work. I imagine it is hard teaching someone else all the needs of the students quickly because I am sure they all need something different.

Good luck finding a special recipe!!

Berly said...

Great progress!! I'm so sorry about work. I know how hectic it can get when you are down a couple of people! As far as a V Day recipe, we like to just do a simple fruit & cheese tray with some cold shrimp & a bottle of Proseco. Crush a couple of raspberries in the bottom of a wine glass, fill it halfway with Proseco & halfway with Sprite. Yum!!

Miamina said...

Lovely stitching, great for a stressful week :)

Sorry you had a not so good experience with your book :( Is it wrong that I now want to look up this book just to read the last chapter?! :P

Claudette497 said...

We had an aide show up with a bowl of oatmeal and some coffee - he couldn't work with the students if he was hungry, so he sat there eating breakfast in class. I hope you get your regular para back soon!