Sunday, February 1, 2015

Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophia Kinsella

This was an Audiobook I listened too....

Amazon Book Link

Book Blurb
Sophia Kinsella returns to her beloved Shopaholic series with Becky Brandon(Bloomwood) newly arrived in Hollywood and starry eyed. She and her two-year-old daughter , Minnie have relocated to L.A. to join Becky's husband, Luke,  who is there to handle the PR to the famous actress, Sage Seymour. Becky can't wait to start living the A-List lifestyle, complete with her celebrity sightings, yoga retreats and shopping trips to Rodeo Drive. but she really hopes to become  personal stylist-Sage's personal stylist-if only Luck would set up an introduction. Then, unexpectedly, Becky is offered the chance to dress Sage's archival and though things become a bit more complicated, it's a dream come true!   Red carpet premieres, velvet ropes paparazzi clamoring for attention - suddenly Becky has everything she's ever wanted..or does she?  

My thoughts:
I have read every shopaholic book there has been printed and I have watched the movie that went wit the first book.  I love this character, her ever patient husband, her best friend Suze and her crazy parents.  Her daughter, Minnie, is a little bit trying at times but she is adorable.  I was so excited to find this on my library's audio book section.  I quickly put it on hold and was thrilled when it was ready to be checked out.

I liked this book but not as much as her others.  This one had Becky doing all sorts of crazy schemes with her family and her husband was usually in the dark.  However, I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.  Becky was a little snotty in this book and very uncaring toward her friend, Suze, who had come to stay in L.A. with her.  Suze had brought her entire family and Becky seemed to be oblivious to what is going on with them.

This is a fun book but not as great as the others in the series.  I recommend this series though....it is hysterical. ☕☕☕

No comments: