Saturday, October 8, 2016

Halloween Stitching Day 8 and HAED Update

I love Saturdays!!!!  I get to sleep in and my husband gets up to feed the furry children!!!  God bless that man!!!!   I may have fallen asleep on my couch last night watching Floss tube!!!  Oh lord!!!  I need help!!!

My mom and I went to lunch together today.  We went to the little Sushi house near us.  It was yummy!!  Then we went to Barnes and Noble where I got the September issue of Cross stitch Collection.  I feel in love with the cupcake chart on the front.  I didn't realize that the large pull out chart was part 2 and I missed part one!!! SAD!!!!



Then, we went to Joann's Fabrics.  They were having their spooky madness sale. I bought some really cute Skull fabric. Yes, you read that right Skull fabric!  My sister has asked me each year where her rag quilt is for Christmas so this is her year...What do you think of the fabric???



I did take a 3 hour nap...still recovering.  My hubby woke me up at 6 so I could watch the Razorbacks get trampled by Bama!  UGH!!!  It was so bad that I put in my earbuds and finished listening to my Audiobook!!!   Ok..enough whining about college football.

Stitching Day 8:  JSC Sept/Oct Issue 2012 -  Elegant Pumpkins II - 28 count hand dyed fabric using Rit Dye Cocoa Brown.


Close up of the design!   I think I may change the black polka dots on top of the pumpkins to something...Not sure...

Here is where I got tonight...


This week I set a goal for myself to stitch 30 minutes a day on one of my 3 HAED designs.  This week was A Wintery Heirloom.    I was able to put in 600 stitches just doing 30 minutes a week.  I think this was pretty good progress.  Since lots of the stitching was Confetti and Krenick for the snow!  
 Here is what I have stitched so far of the whole project.  Just the first row and starting the 2nd row first page.  I hate those trees!!!!  The trees is why this is a UFO!!!!   This design is going back into his plastic bag and then a new HAED next week.

Close up of the page I worked on this week.  The top picture is my progress and the bottom is where I started from last week.  

I am on fall break this week so hopefully lots of stitching time.  I do have two papers to write for my college classes and lots of papers to grade for my classroom.   

5 comments:

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Oh, more pumpkins =) Maybe you can put in the dots last and decide what to do? I think it would also look very nice without them ;-)
Good job on facing the Kreinik, the trees look great =)

Faith... said...

Love the fabric! Great new start on the Elegant Pumpkins too, I agree it would look great without the dots.

Linda said...

Great progress on your HAED Vickie. Don't give up on it. I love the pumpkin charts you've been starting.

Linda

Justine said...

I love your HAED - great choice! Elegant Pumpkins is another beauty.

Heather said...

Beautiful designs :). I love the skull fabric!